Tuesday 10 August 2010

Scandal, whose fault?

Mark Hurd just resigned (may be forced to resign) from the position of CEO and Chairman of Hewlett-Packard for using company's money to cover the relationship he had with a former marketing contract lady. I am not sure this could be the greatest scandal for year 2010 but Tiger Wood was on the top list for year 2009. He lost most of his sponsorships in a week. Then it reminds me of the scandal of Bill Clinton with Lewinsky in 1998. It eventually led to the impeachment of President Clinton by the U.S. House of Representatives and his subsequent acquittal on all impeachment charges (of perjury and obstruction of justice) in a 21-day Senate trial.

Sometimes I wondered whose fault is this. Mark Hurd, Tiger Woods and Bill Clinton have spent years of their life to be successful in their career and then they destroy it for a girl or girls. If you have watched Troy, the war started because of a beautiful lady and if I have not mistaken, in the history of China, there were at least twice the war started because of a girl. That is why Chinese used to say, " 红颜祸水". However, I thought it is more likely because of guys don't think using their brain at times.

I wish they would think twice in future before putting themselves, the company, the family and even the country into shame.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I like this post! Something I don't normally think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly agree...most of the guy wont think twice b4 they act n im one of them...in the end a single word will come across....REGRET

    ReplyDelete