Wednesday 14 July 2010

Pregnant, pregnant, pregnant.....

Should I really get pregnant now? That is the question that I have in my mind after talking to my friend yesterday. Many of my friends have encouraged me to get pregnant as soon as possible after married. Mainly is because of my age and since I am not working now so might as well get pregnant.

Based on an article written by Dr. Mary Kittel, women has 6 reproductive stages which are at the age of 20, 20-38, 38-42, 42-46, 46-50 and 50+. Because I am at the age group between 20-38 so I wish to share more on it. If you are from different age group and wish to know more about yourselve, you may consider reading the book "Stay Fertile Longer". I am at middle reproductive stage. The first 7 years of middle reproductive stage is the peak fertility time, then the 1st slight fertility decline happens in the next 3 years and followed by 2nd fertility decline around age 35. Therefore, I think I am experiencing the 1st slight decline in feritiliy now without realising it.

I am not sure whether I should be panic because of the decline of fertility. However, I think getting pregnant is not because everyone else at my age is getting pregnant and having a baby or because others think that I should get pregnant. I believe that baby is the most wonderful gift from God so I think we should really take it seriously. I think we need to be ready to get pregnant for pregnancy is never easy. I think we need to be even more ready for taking care of a baby as it is thousand times tougher than pregnancy. Raising a child, love them, educate them and spending precious time with them is a life long responsibility and it is me and my beloved husband's responsibility but not others.

Nevertheless, this is just my personal opinion. God always has His timing for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment